Paleo Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Guacamole Chicken
Simple, delicious, and healthy. It's where I live! When I come across a paleo recipe that meets my criteria, I tend to lean on it quite a bit. As an in-home personal trainer based out of Plymouth, MN, I am relied upon by my clients to make their cooking time shorter and easier. This dish is a "MUST ADD" to your paleo recipe list.
A few quick words on what I do to make this dish as healthy as it needs to be...
1) I use Applegate-brand bacon. It is uncured, antibiotic-free, nitrate-free, humanely raised, etc. It's a quality slab of bacon without all the extra garbage added to it.
2) I use Smart Chicken breasts. Smart Chick is also hormone-free, antibiotic-free, etc. From what it eats to how it is treated, what goes into a chicken impacts the quality of the meat we eat. Smart Chicken is a brand that does a nice job, so I trust them when I buy chicken.
3) Guac is almost always paleo, so I usually buy it pre-made. Make sure you read the ingredients just to be sure nothing silly is lurking on that label!
-4(6 ounce) chicken breasts, butterflied or pounded thin -salt and pepper to taste
-1/2 cup guacamole
-8 slices bacon
1. Lay the chicken flat, season the outside with salt and pepper, spread 1/4 of the guacamole on each of the chicken breasts, roll them up and wrap each in 2 slices of bacon
2. Grill over indirect medium heat, with the lid down, until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked (160F to 165F), about 20-30 minutes, or bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven on a wire rack on a baking pan until cooked, about 20-30 minutes, turning the oven to broil for the last 5-10 minutes to ensure that the bacon is crispy.
3. Add a veggie to it (salad, grilled asparagus perhaps), and you are ready to eat!
As always, I want to make sure I credit the source of the genius. I found this recipe here: